Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you manufacture in any other colours apart from those shown?
- What guarantee do you give for your products?
- How do I maintain the looks of my product?
- How do I fit your products?
- Does the colour of your products fade over a period?
- What is your returns policy?
- How do I place an order?
- How do I retrieve a quotation?
- Can I arrange to visit your factory to view your products?
- Terms and Conditions
1. Do you manufacture in any other colours apart from those shown?
We can manufacture some products in RAL or BS colours. Please note that we only carry our standard colour range in stock. Any special colour item will be manufactured on a non return basis so please ensure that you give the correct RAL or BS colour code.
2. What guarantee do you give for your products?
Our products carry a 10 year warranty against defects in manufacturing except Carports which carry a 5 year warranty. If a problem arises please contact us to arrange a site visit to establish the solution. We cannot offer warranties on installation issues but we can offer advice on the correct installation methods to avoid any problems.
3. How do I maintain the looks of my product?
Our products are maintenance free and will not rot or need painting. The only reccomendation is that you wash the product occasionally with warm soapy water. NEVER USE SOLVENT CLEANERS AS THESE MAY DISCOLOUR YOUR PRODUCT. Contact us for advice on any stubborn marks.
4. How do I fit your products?
The large majority of the products on this site have fitting details available so you can see how easy the installation is. Click the relevant link, fill out your name & email details, and the fitting instructions will be downloaded. The majority of our products can be fitted by a competent DIY enthusiast with the use of a drill, screwdrivers, and fine toothed saws.
5. Does the colour of your products fade over a period?
We use only market leading materials which have been rigorously tested. Our gelcoats are UV stable and resistant to fading. So your fibreglass product will keep its colour for many years to come.
6. What is your returns policy?
We accept returns on standard products only within 30 days of receipt providing the goods are in their original unfitted good condition, there would be a 20% restocking fee of the product incurred and you would be required to return the goods to our premises yourself. Goods must be found to be in their good original unfitted condition in order to credit the full item amount and the restocking fee must be paid prior to return. Original carriage and returns fees will NOT be refunded. Returns apply to standard products only - please contact us prior to arranging a return to confirm.
7. How do I place an order?
All of our orders are required in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 01482 783292. We are unable to accept verbal orders over the telephone. Please ensure to send this across with your full company name, invoice address, delivery address and full description and quantities of the product(s) you are wanting to order.
8. How do I retrieve a quotation?
For a quote on any of our products please email email@example.com or alternatively call our sales team on 01482 783631 (option 1) who can assist you from there.
9. Can I arrange to visit your factory to view the products?
We don't currently have a dedicated showroom; however, you are able to visit our factory to view products by prior arrangement. Due to our busy schedule, we cannot accept walk ins when it comes to viewing our products however you are more than welcome to give us a call to arrange a suitable appointment to visit.
- Where other terms have been expressly agreed in writing signed by us and by you to that effect which are in force at the date of receipt of this quotation, the Goods shall be supplied on those terms in addition or variation of these terms but otherwise the Goods are sold and works carried out on these conditions and it is expressly agreed that, acceptance by you or the offer contained in this quotation shall be conclusive of your acceptance of this clause and these conditions. These conditions may only be varied in writing by a Director.
- The quantity, quality and description of any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in our current promotional literature.
- If the goods are to be manufactured or any processes to be applied to the Goods by us in accordance with a specification submitted by you, you shall indemnify us against all loss, damages, costs and expenses awarded against us or incurred by us in connection with or paid or agreed to be paid by us in settlement of any claim or infringement of any patent, copyright, design, trademark or other industrial or intellectual property rights of any other person which results in our use of your specification.
- We reserve the right without notice to make any changes in the specification of the Goods (or to components of the Goods) which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements (or where the Goods are to be supplied to our specification, make changes which do not materially affect quality or performance).
- No accepted order (whether orally or in writing) may be cancelled by you except with our agreement in writing and on terms that you will indemnify us in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the costs of all labour, materials used), damages, charges, charges and expenses incurred by us as a result of the cancellation.
- All prices quoted are valid for 30days only or until your earlier acceptance, after which time they may be altered by us without notice. Not withstanding this we reserve the right by giving notice at any time before delivery, to increase the price to reflect any increase in the cost to us which is due to any factor beyond our control (such as, without limitation, any increase in labour, materials and other costs of manufacture), any change in delivery dates, quantity or specification of the Goods which is requested by you, or any delay caused by your instructions or failure of yours to give us adequate information or instructions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all prices are given by us on an ex-works basis, and where we agree to deliver the Goods to your premises or elsewhere, you will be liable to pay transport charges, packaging and insurance. The price quoted is exclusive of any Value Added Tax, Which will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- We shall be entitled to invoice you for the price of the Goods or at any time after delivery of the Goods, unless the Goods are to be collected by you or you refuse to take delivery of the Goods in which event we shall be entitled to invoice you for the price of any time after we have notified you that the goods are ready for collection or we have tendered delivery of the Goods.
- The price should be fully paid without set-off within 30 days of the date of our invoice, not withstanding that delivery may not have taken place and the property in the Goods has not passed to you. The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the contract.
- If you fail to make payment on the due date then without prejudice to any other right or remedy, we shall be entitled to:-(i) treat the contract as discharged and we shall be entitled to repossess the said Goods and/or (ii) appropriate any payment made by you and to such of the Goods (or Goods supplied under any other contract between us) as we may think fit (not withstanding any purported appropriation by you) and/or (iii) Charge you interest (both before and after any judgement) on the amount unpaid, at the rate of four per cent per annum above the Barclays Bank Base Rate from time to time, and until payment in full is made (which in the case of a cheque shall mean confirmation of cleared funds).
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are made in good faith but we are not liable for any delay in the delivery of Goods howsoever caused. The time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless expressly agreed by Associated Plastic Components Ltd. in writing. Goods may be delivered by us in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice.
- Where delivery is by instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract, failure by us to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance to these conditions or any claim by you in respect of any one or more of the instalments shall not entitle you to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated.
- Subject to Clause 11, if we fail to deliver the Goods for any reason other than any cause beyond our reasonable control or your fault, and we are accordingly liable to you, our liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to you (in the cheapest available market, or similar Goods replaced with those not delivered) over the price of the Goods.
- If you fail to take delivery of the goods or fail to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us we may:-(i) Store the Goods until actual delivery and charge you for the reasonable cost (including insurance) or storage or (ii) Sell the Goods at a price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to you for the excess over the price under the Contact or charge you for any shortfall below the price under the Contract and charge interest.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to you:- (i) in the case of the Goods to be collected from our premises at the time we notify you that the Goods are available for collection (ii) in the case of the Goods to be delivered otherwise than at our premises at the time of delivery or if you wrongfully fail to take delivery of the Goods at the time when we have tendered delivery.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of the risk of the Goods, or any other provision of these conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of our price of the Goods and all other Goods agreed to be sold by us to you for which payment is then due.
- Until such time the property in the Goods passes to you (and provided the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold) we shall be entitled, at any time, to require you to deliver up the Goods to us and, if you fail to do so forthwith, to enter any premises of yours or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods. All such sale monies of the Goods are to be held on trust for us
- Our products are guarantees against defective material of faulty workmanship in accordance with the attached “GRP Product Guarantee’’- Appendix I. Our liability is limited to replacing or making good such defective material of faulty workmanship free of charge, subject to our inspection and agreement of the defective material or faulty workmanship.
- We do not accept any liablity whatsoever for (a) consequential damage in any event but specifically due to failure or workmanship of any products or parts (b) materials component parts and proprietary articles not manafactured by us but we will assist the customer in obtaining the benefit of any valid guarantee given by the markers thereof (d) defects which are satisfied are due to wear and tear, accident, improper adjustment, misues, neglect, abnormal working conditions or failure to properly and regulary inspect or failure to follow our oral or written instructions by the customer (e) defects which we are satisfied have been aggrevated by the continued use after the discovery of the defect (f) defects arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by you (g) we are under no liability if the total price of the Goods has not been paid by the due date of the payment.
- Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, except where the Goods are sold to a person as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contact Terms Act 1977) all warranties, conditions and other terms applied by statute or common law are exclude by fullest extent permitted by law. However were the Goods are sold under a consumer transaction the statutory rights of the buyer are not affected by these conditions.
- Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification, or any other query with regards to an invocie shall (whether or not delivery is refused) be notified to us within fourteen days of the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and you do not notify us accordingly, you shall not be entitled to eject the Goods and we shall have no liability for such defect or failure. You shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods have been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or the condition of the Goods or their failure to meet any specification notified to us in accordance with these conditions, we shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge, or at our sole discretion, refund to you with the price of the Goods (or a proportion of part of the price) but we shall have no further liability to you
- Except in respect in death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty condition or other term, or any duty of common law, or under the expressed terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise) costs, expenses or other claims, consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by negligence of Associated Plastic Components Ltd., its employees or agents otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their resale by you, except as is expressly provided in these conditions
- We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our control:- (i) Power failure or breakdown in machinery (ii) Difficulty in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel parts or machinery (iii) Strikes, Lock-outs, and other industrial action or trade disputes whether involving employees of Associated Plastic Components Ltd. or any other third party.
- You will indemnify us in respect of any damage suffered or liability incurred by us whatsoever as a result of any breach by you of any of these conditions or any negligent act of your servant or agent.
- Without prejudice to any othe right or remedy available to us, we shall be entitled to cancel the Contact or suspend any further deliviries under the Contract without liability to you, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for, the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous arrangement if:-() You make any voluntary arrangement with your creditore or become subject to an administration order or (being an individual firm) become bankrupt or (being a company) go into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgmation or reconstruction) (ii) An encumbrancer takes possession or a receiver is appointed over any of your property or assets or you cease to threaten to cease to carry on business (iii) Proceedings for insolvency or bankruptancy are insituted against you (iv) We reasonably apprehend that any of the events above may occur and notify you accordingly.
- In any contract which involves importing or expoprting where the rate of exchange for pound sterling alters against the relevant foreign currency, we shall have the right to recalculate the invoice price to take account of such change and to charge you the new price in respect of any goods delivered but not yet paid for and any Goods yet to be delivered under the Contract.
- No waiver by us of any breach of the Contract shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any othe provision. If any provision of these conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
- The contract shall be governed solely by the Laws of the England and the parties hereby submit themselves to that jurisdiction.
- We accept returns on standard products only providing the goods are in their good original unfitted condition and a restocking fee (20% of the item) is paid prior to the return. Any returns MUST be organised with us prior to actioning. We will not credit any original carriage / return carriage fees paid and we reserve the right to decline a return should this have not been organised with us prior.